Welcome to the Auckland Quilt Guild (AQG). We are one of the largest patchworking and quilting organisations in New Zealand.
On this website you can:
The Guild was formed in 1985 (as the Auckland Patchworkers & Quilters Guild Inc) by a group of local quilters who had successfully hosted the first national quilting symposium. Our aims and objectives are to:
- Promote the art and craft of patchwork and quilting
- Bring quilters together and encourage the establishment of quilting groups
- Encourage and maintain high standards of craftsmanship and design in both traditional and contemporary quilting
- Organise exhibitions
- Publish a regular newsletter
- Provide workshops, lectures and seminars, and encourage the exchange of information, ideas and expertise on subjects of concern or interest to members
- Provide a library of books available for the use of members
Guild members attend meetings on the first Saturday of each month except January and November for a day of quilt-related activities, which includes a formal meeting and speaker. This gives members an opportunity to meet other quilters and friends, to view works in progress, to be inspired and to have fun.
Members have the opportunity to
participate in classes throughout the year and at our annual mini-symposium and to showcase their quilts at the Auckland Festival of Quilts (formerly Calico Christmas™).
Please take a look around. If you have any questions or suggestions about our website, please contact us.
Thanks for visiting!
AUCKLAND FESTIVAL OF QUILTS PHOTOS
Photos from the 2012 Auckland Festival of Quilts are now online - click here to visit the gallery.